Monday, May 20, 2013

Fort Collins, Colorado Part 5 cont'd

So one of my favorite stores of all was this one called Akinz...



And she wasn't kidding. 



A store of all handmade goods, beanies, silk screened shirts and other handmade apparel and jewelry. They even had a little window you could look through into the "workroom" in the back to watch your shirt being created. This store had a really lovely aesthetic and you can find her website here. Please read her ABOUT, it's good for the heart stuff. 

A little trip out to the farm in the afternoon found us caught in a little hailstorm. No trip to Colorado is complete without either. 









The Booze Barn (note the drive-up window)


And this railcar was a beauty! I'd love to have a studio in one of these someday. The trick would be finding a place to park it here in Las Vegas. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my shop! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you the owner of Akinz? Because if so, it is my pleasure! I fell head over heels in love with your store! Please tell me what lead you to my blog?

    ReplyDelete